Some days are just those kinds of days

I don’t really want to write about today. It was not a fun happy day.

It was a cold and rainy day.

I got up at 3 a.m. got ready, made some fresh squeezed oj blended with peaches. 50oz. worth. Left at a little after 4 a.m. to go to the theater where they were doing a live news broadcast on the Today show with the weather man. I did not want to be on the news and I did not want to go. I wanted to go back to bed. So I get there and every five minutes we would get on stage and do a part of the play..which is “The Rocky Horror Show”…for a couple of minutes. Then wait another five minutes and do it all over again. I drank my peach oj somewhere in one of the break times.  After about 2 hours of this…I was done. I just changed out of my costume and told the director I had to leave.

I came home, did a little bit on the computer. Canceled my physical therapy appointment for 9 a.m., which I really needed to go to for my shoulder, but I needed sleep more. So I went back to bed at about 8 p.m. I woke up at 11:30 a.m. to my phone ringing. I think it was my mom, but I don’t remember. I still felt so incredibly tired. I called my client that I had scheduled for 12:30 p.m. and asked if I could come next week. They said that would work out even better, and I was relieved. I rarely call in on my clients, it’s just not something I do.

I was thinking of going back to sleep. I couldn’t believe how exhausted I felt. I didn’t realize that I had been that tired. Instead of going back to sleep, I got up and decided a hot bath was a good idea. I flipped on the hot water heater. I had an hour to waste before I would have enough hot water for a bath, so I juiced a bunch of grapes that needed to be used up. I blended that juice with some peaches. Then I juiced some cucumbers and apples. I bottled everything up, it was a lot. 175oz. worth. Then I made a salad with a pound of mixed greens and my raw tahini lemon dressing, ate that right up. It was so yummy!

I called Ron and talked to him while I soaked in the hot bath. It was sooo nice. I love taking baths on cold rainy days. After my bath, I grabbed all my juices and headed off to my next job. I was still feeling really tired and drained, but I wanted to make sure I made it to this job. They are older people and I make them dinner three days a week as well as do all their laundry and clean their house. The lady is usually there when I get there and she is so wonderful. She was my counselor all through my 20’s, she has since retired and has a hard time getting out much. She helped me through a lot of stuff and now I get to help her 🙂 We have great times together. She gets really lonely being at home by herself so much, so I am the highlight of her day. I tell her everything I have been up to and she keeps me in line.

Anyway, I would love to cook them all vegan food, but they want me to make them food with meat and dairy. So I do, but I make lots of salads for them and add in a lot of veggies in all their meals. Today I made a turkey, rice soup with carrots and a bunch of veggies. I also made a smoothie for the lady to have for lunch the next day…it was fresh squeezed oj, blended with mango’s. Besides cooking, I changed the sheets on the bed, did laundry, cleaned the bathrooms and made up a grocery list for me to do their shopping before I come to their house tomorrow. I drank 75oz. of the grape juice peach smoothie while I was there.

My tummy kind of hurt a little when I left and I was wondering if it was the grape juice. I still felt tired and had a strong head wind on my bike. It seemed like it took forever to get to play practice. I was pissed off and cranky the whole ride, with feeling tired, my tummy ache and the head wind, plus it was pouring down rain. I just wanted to go home and go back to bed. I realized halfway through the ride that I wasn’t smiling at people like I usually do. I decided I needed to smile. So I forced a big smile…and it’s amazing how that works, but I started to feel a little bit better. I felt better until I had to climb a hill, it is hard to exert myself when my tummy hurts. I decided I would take my anger out on the climb. So I hit the hill hard, pedaling as hard as I could, every pedal I just shot the anger I was feeling right down out of my body and onto the pavement. I don’t know if it helped much because I didn’t feel much better when I got to the top. I was pretty winded.

I finally made it to practice and had about 2 minutes to get dressed. I frantically got into costume and barely made it in time.

When I had a free minute I went outside to get my bike and bring it inside so it wouldn’t get rained on anymore.  I saw the sun shining and there was a beautiful sunset peeking through the clouds. Just seeing the sun made me feel almost elated. I felt happy again! The rest of play practice went great. The other actors are such wonderful people and so much fun to be around. I realized during practice that I hadn’t introduced myself to anyone new that day. Oh no! Luckily there happened to be someone I didn’t know there helping out with make up. I promptly went up to her and introduced myself. Her name is Jess. Yay! I got in my introduction.

I drank my cucumber. apple juice while I was there. Finishing off all my bottled juices that I had made 🙂

It was a great ride home after practice. Ron called and we talked for a short time. I wrote my blog. Now I am off to bed…and it is 11:45 p.m.


Published byCrazybananalady

I am a transformational coach. I help people find the truth inside of themselves to live a peaceful and content life.

No Comments

Post a Comment