Raining more tears

It was another rainy and even colder day.

I woke up at 2 in the morning freezing cold. I got up and put more blankets on my bed and finally fell back asleep around 4. At 6:30 a.m. my alarm went off. I was so tired. I got up turned off the alarm and went back to bed. My early morning job is a business that is very flexible and I knew I could make it up next week. This play I’m in and being up in the night is draining me so bad. My second job this week that I’ve had to cancel and reschedule. I feel like I’m falling apart. Regardless, I went back to bed and slept until 9 a.m.  I woke up with my furnace going off. I have my heat set to go off if it gets below 54 degrees. Obviously it got that cold. So there goes my $9 power bill. I was trying to make it one more month, but this cold front zapped that.

It was pouring rain when I left the house. I was so bundled up I could barely move. I rode a mile and a half to the fruit stand and bought 9 peaches. Then I rode 5 miles downtown to Jamba juice and had them bottle up 64oz. of fresh squeezed oj blended with mango. Next I went to Flying M and drank 48oz. of fresh squeezed oj. Ok…I was set on food for the day.

At Flying M a good friend of mine was there. We talked for about 20 minutes, which made me late for work. It was just so nice to sit for a while and bs. I feel like I have no free time to just chill out. I frantically rode the 3 miles to my job. I cleaned that house but was still behind schedule and late for my next job, which was 4 miles away. I cleaned that house and was running late for my private yoga session.

I was so tired and wet, I didn’t even want to do yoga. I wanted to get dry and take a nap. I couldn’t figure out how I could be so wet when I was in full rain gear. I was thinking about Victoria Arnstein’s comment on my last blog, how I was too damn busy. I knew she was right but I felt stuck with this play. On the mile and a half bike ride to yoga I started crying again. I just cried and cried. As I was biking and crying I passed a lady walking a pig on a leash. That stopped the tears real quick. I turned around and stopped to talk to her. The pig was sooo cute, his name is Napoleon and his owners name is Mattie.

After petting Napoleon briefly I was running even later for yoga. I started crying again and cried the rest of the way there. When I got there and came inside I was trying to peel of all my layers of wet clothes and still crying. I was really embarrassed because I had only met my yoga instructor Tim a couple of times before and barely knew him. This was our first private yoga session. Tim was great though. I just explained that I had been crying for two days since the rain started. I guessed that if the sky was crying than I could cry as well. Tim was so encouraging. He just shared about how cleansing the rain was and how those of us in tune with nature go through a cleansing process at the same time.  I just loved that.

The yoga session was perfect. Tim was in perfect harmony with where I was at. It was very mellow and meditative. When the session was over I felt so much better. Like a whole new person. I was so grateful and happy. I thanked Tim over and over. When I left I was no longer bothered by being wet and the rain…bring it on!

I rode a mile to the bus stop and got on. I had to go pick up my daughter that I hadn’t seen in three days because of play practice, and take her to voice lessons. On the bus I was sitting next to a lady. I started talking to her. Her name is Zaria and she is from Bosnia, she has lived in Boise 11 years. I drank my 64oz. of oj, mango smoothie while talking.

My daughter was waiting for the bus at her stop with her bike. I loaded her bike for her and was very happy to see my beautiful girl. We got downtown and I bought her some dinner at Flying M. Then she went to voice lessons. While she was there I went to the bank and deposited some checks and then went in search for some good quality rain gear. I wanted to stay local, so I tried a local sporting goods store, but they didn’t have much. I then went to NorthFace and they had some great really expensive rain gear that looked great on me. I didn’t want to spend that kind of money right now and wanted to wait to check out more local stores first. While out and about I ate 2 of my peaches.

After Savana’s voice lessons we rode the bus up to the theater. It was our practice night…our first show. I wasn’t sure how prepared we were, but I thought it went great and I had a lot of fun performing in front of an audience. In between scenes I ate about 6 dates.

Savana and I biked home about 3 miles. Got home around 10:30 p.m. Wrote my blog and ate some tomatillo’s. It’s now 11:30 and I’m off to bed.


Published byCrazybananalady

I am a transformational coach. I help people find the truth inside of themselves to live a peaceful and content life.


  • David Meyer

    October 7, 2011 at 5:31 pm Reply

    Doesn’t seem like many calories for a day. 9 peaches is probably 540 calories. I can’t imagine the mango smoothies are many calories at all.

    It seems like you got alot of great exercise in, but I have a feeling you needed more calories for a day. Especially with lots of bike riding.

Post a Comment