First 3 days of Health and Fitness week 2012

September 7, 2012

Woke up at 7a.m. I started packing things up when my Aunt asked if I was going to go on a run or walk that morning. Oh ya! I had wanted to go on a run! She told me the way to go in order to get a great view. I took off running and shortly into in I got a really bad stitch in my side. I kept going thinking it would work it’s way out, but it just kept getting worse. Finally I had to stop and walk. I walked for a while with my arms up until it stopped hurting. I started running again and it immediately started up again. I just walked until I came to the awesome view of Mt. Hood in the far distance and then walked back.

Back at my Aunt’s I made a 10 banana smoothie. The bananas weren’t quite ripe enough, but it was all I had. I also had a whole lot of cherry tomatoes that I had brought along. Some of them had molded, so I cleaned them up and packed up the ones that were still good.

I packed the car, told my Aunt goodbye and I was off. I was excited to get to health and fitness week and I only had 5 and half hours until I got there.


I ate up the cherry tomatoes at the start of the drive. They were so yummy. About an hour into the drive I got a call from Alicia at the retreat. She wanted me to pick up some avocados, strawberries and corn on my way there. No problem..I figured I would stop at Whole Foods in Bellvue.


An hour out of Bellvue I drank my banana smoothie. My stomach immediately swelled up and I got a headache. Ahh…not ripe bananas! I figured I would get the bloated belly, I always do when I eat unripe bananas, but I didn’t expect the headache.

In Bellvue at Whole Foods I picked up the avo’s but they didn’t have organic strawberries and the corn they wanted me to pick up at a stand in Burlington. I also got a big salad for myself from the salad bar.

The drive from Bellvue to Mt. Vernon was very long. The traffic was stop and go the whole way and took hours. My head was hurting so bad and at times I was so dizzy I thought I would have to figure out how to get out of traffic and pull over. I just kept breathing deep and telling myself it would all be ok.

Finally I made it to Mt. Vernon and went the the co-op there to see about getting strawberries. They didn’t have organic strawberries either. I got a call from Janie at the retreat while I was there and everyone was needed the food for dinner and wanted to know how much longer. I told them about traffic and said it shouldn’t be long.


Back in the car I ate my big salad. It made my headache even worse and I realized too late that eating had been a bad idea.

In Burlington I stopped at Fred Meyer and they had organic strawberries…yay! I then went to the corn stand and got some corn. Realizing that once again I was on empty I stopped and filled up the gas tank.

Finally 8 and a half hour later I made it to the retreat. I was so exhausted. I went to my room and slept for an hour. I woke up in time for dinner.


At dinner I drank a couple glasses of OJ and ate a few cherry tomatoes with lettuce. My headache was still really bad. I thought the nap would help it, but it didn’t seem to do much of anything.

I went to bed around 10p.m.


September 8, 2012

Woke up at 6:30.m.

Felt rested but still had headache. I worked on my blog first thing in the morning. I knew I would have to hit the ground running soon. My job here at the retreat was to get all the bedding and towels changed over for all the guests that would be arriving. I also had to clean all the rooms and bathrooms.


I had a couple of bowls of mixed melons for breakfast. Then I was off to work. It was a very hectic morning getting everything done. I had 4 people helping me and I got to be the boss, which was a lot of fun.

The morning went really fast. My head still hurt but I was ignoring it. My body was telling me to rest and fast, but I had things to do and needed food to keep me going.


I ate about 4 bananas with some peaches and nectarines. Then I went right back to work. My helpers were all done with their shift and so it was just me finishing up. It wasn’t hard work, mostly just a lot of laundry folding and putting away.

At around 3p.m. I was feeling really tired. I went to my room and slept for 2 hours. I woke up just in time for dinner once again. My headache was still there…arg. I got up and went to the dining room. As soon as I walked in everyone in the room started clapping…lol. That was quit embarrassing but Doug told me everyone had just been talking about all the hard work I had done all day.


Dinner was really yummy. Orange juice blended with blackberries and nectarines drizzled with a blackberry sauce. I drank a lot of OJ. I couldn’t seem to get enough of it.

After dinner was opening circle. I really just wanted to go to bed again, but I didn’t want to miss opening circle. It is always such a bonding experience.

The ceremony was fabulous as always. Everyone had their stories of sickness and how they had healed their bodies with fresh fruits and vegetables. There was one lady that had cured her type 2 diabetes, another had cured her inflammation; I just love hearing stories like that!

I went to bed around 10p.m.

September 9, 2012

I woke up around 6a.m. I still had a horrible headache. I wasn’t sure what to think about it. I thought it would have been gone by now.

I got up and worked on my blog and did a bunch of laundry.


3 big bowls of melons

After breakast I worked on my blog some more. Darrel walked by and said he was going shopping in town. I said that I wanted to go as well. He said he would be a while because he had a big list and had to pick someone up from the shuttle. We got ready to go and were off.


On the drive I ate about 10 dates and 2 bananas. Darrel and I had a great talk. I had stayed with him and his wife Janie in Hawaii a couple of years ago for a month during the winter. It was great talking with him and it sounds like he might be buying 7 acres of land for farming which he was really excited about. I was excited too because I could come visit and help farm the land.

The shopping went well. I am a very efficient speedy shopper and we finished up way early than we had thought we would. We walked around downtown Mt. Vernon. I called my son and couple of other people since I had good phone reception in town.

Janie called and said that the person we were picking up arrived on an earlier shuttle. We headed over there and picked up Isa who is an Olympian athlete from Jamaica and runs the hurdles. It was great talking with and getting to know him on the drive back to the retreat.

Once we got back I went and took a nap again. I was so tired and my headache wasn’t getting any better. I slept a couple of hours and woke up right in time for dinner again.


I can’t even remember what was for dinner. Maybe it was the nectarines and blackberries and I got it confused with the night before. I’m not sure. I was feeling so horrible by then.

When dinner was over I was sitting next to a woman named Ohenewa from Canada. She is an Olympian wrestler. We had a great talk. She is so inspirational. I was so glad I took the time to talk with her. Through our talk I realized how I had come off track from where I was called to be. I was so happy to have seen that and now I can get back to what I need to be doing with my life. Woohoo!

I really wanted to go to bed, but Darrel and I needed to go into town again and get more supplies. Then at 11p.m. we had to pick up the last guest for the retreat from the shuttle. We drove into town and another guest named Melvin joined us. I was so dizzy while we were shopping I felt like I was drugged.

We had to wait for a while for the shuttle and I dozed off. Finally the shuttle arrived and we headed back to the retreat. I remember we all talked on the drive but I had no idea what about.

We got back I went to bed around midnight.

September 10, 2012

I woke up at 6a.m. I couldn’t even muster enough energy to get up, so I rolled back over and went to sleep. I slept for hours, I kept getting hot and cold. I felt like I was dying.

I remember very little about the day. I know I slept in the car for a while because it was softer than the floor where I am sleeping.

I remember talking to a lady named Bebe while lying in the sun. She talked about her journey of healing and I really enjoyed talking to her.

In the evening I remember talking to Doug and being carried back to bed by Jerome.

Published byCrazybananalady

I am a transformational coach. I help people find the truth inside of themselves to live a peaceful and content life.


  • pat kapsak

    September 11, 2012 at 11:04 pm Reply

    Oh My ! Feeling better now ? So sorry you had to have this all during this special time. What do you think it was all about ? gentle hugs

    • Vibrant Victoria

      September 12, 2012 at 3:00 am Reply

      I am feeling much better now! I think that my body was doing what it needed to do to deal with whatever was causing it to be out of balance. That’s what our bodies do, when we have symptoms of ill health it is our bodies doing their job to bring us back to homeostasis.

  • sarah high

    September 16, 2012 at 10:31 pm Reply

    Dear Victoria,

    I don’t think you are fighting off an infection. I think you are working too hard, eating too little, and getting too little emotional support. I’m worried about you. Love, Sarah

    • Vibrant Victoria

      September 18, 2012 at 1:14 pm Reply

      Hello Sarah,
      I appreciate your concern, but I feel just the opposite. I feel I am not working that hard at all, eating just the perfect amount and getting lots of emotional support. I most definitely am fighting an infection and have been since October 2011. That is almost a year and I did decide to take the anti-biotics that I had been given. I am happy with my decision, it was well researched and thought out. I am excited to get this infection over with and move on! 🙂

Post a Comment