Days 7 and 8 of the Woodstock Fruit Festival

August 26, 2012

I woke up 5a.m. I was surprised I was awake so early, but I definitely was awake and not going back to sleep. I got up and went to Danielle’s cabin and snuggled for a half hour. I went back to my cabin, changed and went to the infirmary to finish my latest blog and post it. My phone was working again but only when plugged in. I will leave it in the rice another day and see what happens.


I went to the dining room and there were some ripe plums put out. I ate 4 of them, then blended up 9 bananas and drank them up.

I went to work. Today we planned on building rockets. There were rockets in boxes that needed to be put together. At 10:30a.m. we took all the kids outside and started to put the rockets together. It was craziness, there were way too many kids and not enough adults. The kids were running around tearing open packages. I was trying to get at least one rocket put together and quickly realized that I wasn’t a rocket scientist.

I finally got a rocket put together and then in the process of putting the launcher together I found out that we needed batteries and a screw driver. Which we had neither of.

I went in search of some help. I found Anne Osbourne and she said that Michael Arnstein was the one that ordered the rockets and he was the one that knew how to put them together. Unfortunately he was running the fruit festival marathon at the moment.

I went back and told everyone that the rocket project had to be scrapped until a later time and that it just might not happen at all.

We cleaned up the mess and went inside to get the kids some food.


I grabbed a bunch of dates and ate about 10 of them. It wasn’t too long until work was over. I went and checked my messages and was going to take a nap. I went to the cabin to lie down and decided I wasn’t really that tired after all and that I wanted to socialize and do the climbing wall again.


I went to the dining room and the durian was looking really good. I was trying to not eat durian because I could feel in my body that I was eating too much fat. My mind wasn’t as clear and my digestion was not at it’s best. I ignored my body and grabbed a durian anyway. It was a really yummy one.

After I ate I headed up to do the climbing wall. When I got there I decided to be brave and do what they call the matrix. Basically you climb up a tree and then walk across a cable to the zip line platform.

I started climbing and was almost to the top of tree. I was looking up at that cable and thinking this is madness. I yelled down that I changed my mind and wanted to come back down. The response I got was “keep going”, so I did. I got onto the cable and I had to lean out from the tree, walk onto the cable and stretch over to grab a rope for stability. I couldn’t reach the rope and had to let go of the tree and walk a few steps with nothing to hang onto to grab the rope.

It took me a while to get up the nerve but I finally did it. I inched my way across the cable, stretching out each time to grab the next rope. My legs were literally shaking and I was so glad that I had that harness on.

Amazingly enough I made it all the way across and was still alive. I knew then that eating that durian was a really bad idea, especially a bad idea eating it before doing strenuous exercise. I thought for a few minutes I was going to throw up. I rested for a few minutes until the nausea passed, then went down the zip line.

My adrenaline was pumping and I was all energized after that. I went and checked my messages again. I called my mom, Maggie and TS. Everyone was doing good, which was great to hear.

I was all hot and sweaty so I went down to the water and jumped in. Shawn was down there so I go to check in with him and see how things were going. He was doing good and having fun. Kids were running up to him and he would grab them and throw them in the water. I’ve had so many parents up here tell me how good Shawn is with their kids and that he is a nice polite young man. Those are words that will warm a mama’s heart. 🙂

After swimming I hung around outside the dining room and talked to people. It was fun socializing. Everyone is so vibrant and healthy here and they all have their stories of how sick they used to be and how healthy they are now. I love it!

At dinner time I stood in line to get Chris Kendal’s special raw vegan chili. I was thinking that I shouldn’t be eating again yet because I could tell my digestive system was still not happy. I just ignored what my body was saying and got the food anyway. The chili wasn’t even that good and I added a bunch of avocado to it.

Now my body was screaming at me, telling me that I just did a very bad thing to it. My tummy became bloated and I had horrible gas. Why didn’t I listen to the warning signs??? Ahhh!!!

I hung around for a while talking to people, but I was not feeling good at all. I decided to go to bed early. I went and checked my messages. I was starting to feel my mind getting really cloudy and crazy. I was furious to find out about problems back home and didn’t want to deal with them. I went to my cabin and fell asleep almost instantly around 9:30p.m.

About an hour and a half later I woke up in a sweat and voices were screaming in my head. NO!!! I didn’t want this to be happening at the fruit festival! I drank a bunch of water and I went to the infirmary so I could get on-line and call someone to help. There were a bunch of people in there. I was upset and crying. Everyone was helpful and understanding. I told them what was going on and they know my story and were understanding.

When they all left I called TS and slowly my mind starting clearing up. I knew it would pass but I wasn’t sure how long it would take. I went to the dining room to get some more water. Chris Kendall and Richard were in there. I was crying and telling them what was going on. They were very understanding and helpful.

I could feel that I was getting better and better. So I went back to my room and had a bowel moment. I felt even better after that. I read for a while and went back to sleep around 2a.m.


August 27, 2012

Woke up at 7:30a.m. I felt really groggy and slow. I drank a bunch of water and went to check my messages. I decided I would just drink water for most of the morning to get my body super hydrated before I started eating.

At work we only had 5 kids. So with the 4 of us we really didn’t have much work to do.


We took the kids out and played ping pong with them, then walked over to the blackberry bush and ate a bunch of blackberries. We came across a little snake and the kids were excited about seeing that.


I was starting to get really hungry. I went and made a 10 banana smoothie. It went down really well and I was feeling like my happy joyful self again. 🙂

We sat out in the sun with kids by the blackberry bush for most of the time we were watching them. At one point I went to the dining room to leave a note so the parents could find us if they came to pick up their kids. When I got there some other kids had gotten into all the supplies. There was spilled water and paint all over the place. I cleaned it all up, left a note and grabbed some dates to take out to the kids.


We sat in the sun some more and the kids climbed on the rocks. I ate about 6 dates. Then some of the parents came and picked up their kids. We were only left with one kid and he is 8 and not really in need of constant supervision. I told the other staff they could go early and I would stick around and hang out with Luke.

Luke and I went up to the rec room and he played computer games. I checked my messages until it was time to get off work. I was happy in thinking that this would be my last day of work at the festival.

I went down by the dining room and ran into my friend Vickie. She and her kids are giving my kids and myself a ride to where we are staying tomorrow night before we head to airport to fly home the next morning. She was telling me she couldn’t find her car keys and wasn’t sure if any of us were going anywhere. She was thinking she locked them in the truck and was going to call AAA to come out and help. We got to talking and decided it would be fun to get a hotel room together, if she found her keys of course. I thought that was a great plan and was super excited about it.

I went to my computer and booked a room for us. Savana came in and was crying saying she was hungry. I told her to go eat some fruit and she said she didn’t want to eat fruit anymore. I gave her a hug and told her that she would have to eat what was available. I went out and tracked down Vickie to tell her. AAA had showed up and she had her keys. Woo hoo…everything is working out 🙂


I came back to check on Savana and asked her if she would like me to make her a smoothie. She said ok. I went and made a 10 banana smoothie and she drank about 20oz. of it. I could tell right away that it was making her feel better. The magic power of bananas! I drank the rest of the smoothie. Savana and I decided to go ride the go carts when they open at 4:30p.m.

I went to track down Shawn because we had talked about doing the climbing wall earlier in the day. I found him busy playing checkers. While waiting for him I had a guy ask if he could interview me and video tape my story. So I did that and when I was finished I had another man come up and want to interview me as well. After all that was done Shawn was ready to go and we headed up to the rope course.

Shawn climbed the wall first. He went up it really fast, he slipped once but otherwise did it like a pro. I did the wall next and it wasn’t as hard this time as the first time. For one I knew that I wasn’t going to fall and when I would feel tired I basically just rested on my harness and let the guy below hold my weight.


I had so much fun that I wanted to do the matrix as well. There was only 8 minutes left before the course closed down, but they let me go anyway. I was determined to get it done in 8 minutes or less. I found the matrix a lot easier this time as well and made it all the way up and then down the zip line in 8 minutes. Woo hoo!


I went back to the dining room and made another 10 banana smoothie. I met up with Savana to go ride go carts and she drank more smoothie and I gobbled up the rest

We went and rode the go cart. It was fun. I was driving and doing crazy things to freak Savana out. She was having a blast, laughing and screaming.

Walking back from the go cart track I ran into Drew (sexy raw vegan) and Harley. We all talked and bs’d for a while. Drew was asked Harley about b12 shots and he said he some with him. We went down to the office and I decided I would get a shot just to see if it made me feel any different. I was pretty sure I wasn’t deficient because I had not symptoms of that, but thought it would be interesting to see if I felt any different.

I was a baby getting the shot, but Drew let me squeeze her I waited a while and didn’t feel any different.


I went to the dining room and ate a bunch of celery, which I had been doing every day but kept forgetting to put that in my blog. I checked the schedule to see what was happening tomorrow and saw that the morning crew was scheduled to watch the kids. Aww man! I thought I was done working. Oh well, I am grateful to have been able to come to event in exchange for work.

I talked to my friend Alison for a while. Went and checked my messages. I was really tired and fading fast. I called TS and went to bed. I fell asleep around 10p.m.


Published byCrazybananalady

I am a transformational coach. I help people find the truth inside of themselves to live a peaceful and content life.


  • Anthony(EARTH)

    August 29, 2012 at 11:01 pm Reply

    Victoria your blog entry was soooooo Fun, i got to look in through the key hole on the door of the 2012 woodstock fruit festival, i feel as though i must be at the 2013 festival, i cannot deny being with all the Fruit bats, AHHAHHHAHAH

    miss you lovely being.

    • Vibrant Victoria

      August 30, 2012 at 2:40 am Reply

      Thanks Anthony! I miss you and your beautiful energy! I was thinking about how much fun we had last October…we were quite the duo:)

Post a Comment