Days 40 and 41 in Costa Rica

Day 40

I woke up in the middle of the night thinking it was morning. The full moon was so incredibly bright. My friend E had messaged me right before bed and told me he was chasing the moon tonight. I rested there on my little lawn chair thinking of us both chasing the moon. Later on I decided I’d better read if I was ever going to fall back asleep.

I woke up again at 7a.m. and read for a while longer until time for breakfast.

BREAKFAST: watermelon and papaya

At breakfast Danielle and another intern were saying the work schedule wasn’t done very well. I was getting real tired of listening to everyone going off about the work schedule. Grant and I worked hard to get that schedule together and did the best we could. I snapped and told Danielle that maybe she could do the schedule herself next time and do a better job of it. Then I got up and walked into the other room. I knew I was acting ridiculous; I just lost it for a minute. Danielle followed me and told me she was sorry and didn’t mean anything by what she was saying. I told her it was fine and it was just me dealing with my stuff.

After breakfast I worked on food quality for 2 and a half hours to get everything cleaned out and ready for the food truck’s arrival tomorrow. When that was finished I had a half hour to check my e-mail really quick before lunch.

LUNCH: banana smoothie, bananas, celery and lettuce

After lunch I did a phone consult for an hour. My client wanted someone to come and stay with her at her house to help get her into eating healthy again. I knew I couldn’t do that because of my daughter, so I referred her to Chris Kendall. After the consult I worked on my e-mails and blog until it was time for dinner.

DINNER: OJ blended with mango and fresh vanilla; tomato mango soup, lettuce

I was feeling happy again after dinner. My spell of feeling down and unattractive seemed to have passed.

After dinner I finished my e-mails and chatted with E on the internet for a while.

Then I sat in the hot tub, read and went to sleep around 9p.m.

It was a pretty uneventful day.

Day 41

Woke up in the middle of the night again. I read until my book was finished. It was a fun book. A murder mystery that I had found on the bookshelf at the retreat. Not my usual kind of book, but it was a pleasant change, with a happy ending.

I woke up again at 6:30a.m. The hot tub was looking really murky so I drained and refilled it. It took longer than I thought, about 45 minutes. I finished just in time to run up and start breakfast prep.

BREAKFAST: papaya and cantaloupe

After breakfast I checked my e-mail until the food truck arrived. We didn’t get as much food this time. Thankfully! We barely made it through half of what we ordered last time. On the food truck was a surprise guest…Chris Kendall! I was so happy to see Chris. He is such an amazing guy. I told him I sent a lady his way and he said he had gotten an e-mail from her. I felt she was in really good hands with Chris. He knows his stuff.

I relaxed for about a half hour until lunch was served.

LUNCH: banana/mango smoothie, celery and lettuce

When lunch was over I gave Doug a quick trim. Then I had to do dinner prep early at 1:30p.m. During dinner prep my middle back was really sore and having spasms. After a couple of hours I couldn’t take it anymore and told Clarissa I needed to sit down for just a minute. She took me over to a lawn chair and rubbed my back for a few minutes. It felt much much better. I was able to finish the rest of dinner prep with no problem.

DINNER: slice of sour sop; coconut water; OJ blended with mango and Marion berry; tomato/celery/mango soup.

One of the ladies had broken a vase and cut her finger. I volunteered to take over her serving position for her, which I was happy about because I love serving at dinner.

After dinner I watched the slide show and then had one the ladies that weighs 95 lbs. walk on my back. It seemed to help it a little bit. I also had Chris Kendall squeeze me and try to adjust it. I felt a little bit move around in there. Just to make things really good I asked Doug if he would be willing to give me an adjustment tomorrow afternoon. He said that would be no problem.

I was going to go to bed, but the evening session was people telling jokes and reading poetry. It was a lot of fun, so I decided I would stay and go to bed later.

When that was over I sat in the hot tub for a while with Chris and Drew. Then read and went to sleep at around 10p.m.

Published byCrazybananalady

I am a transformational coach. I help people find the truth inside of themselves to live a peaceful and content life.

No Comments

Post a Comment