Days 34 and 35 in Costa Rica

Day 34

Woke up in the night for about three hours. Finally went back to sleep and got up at 6:30a.m. It was nice to not have to do breakfast prep, but I was still feeling tired. I had told a few people I would walk the loop with them at 7a.m. so I pulled myself out of bed. Soaked in the hot tub for about 5 minutes and got dressed.

We started out up the steep driveway and one of the ladies with us that had been fasting was already feeling pretty fatigued. I insisted that she stop at the gate and not push herself. She said that Doug told her to walk the loop but I overrode it and assured her that listening to her body was much more important that doing what Doug said. I told her that Doug would rather she listen to her body as well and not experience an injury. She decided that would be a good idea as well….thankfully…there was no way she was going to make it all the way around the loop. Those hills are steep. One thing about Costa Rica mountains, you are either going straight up or straight down, there is very little flat area to walk on.

We got back just in time for breakfast.

BREAKFAST: watermelon and papaya

After breakfast I went and soaked in the hot tub for about a half hour. Then I read for a while until I heard the bell ring indicating that the food truck had arrived. Today we were getting twice as much food delivered since we had twice as many people showing up for the walking tour on Saturday. There was so much food! We still had 2 more trucks coming. I don’t know where we are going to put everything.

I started working on lunch prep when the 2nd food truck arrived. It took about an hour for all of us to get it unloaded and put away. Still one more truck to go!

LUNCH: blended bananas, bananas and celery

After lunch I worked on my e-mail and then we had our closing ceremony. During closing ceremony we lie down on a mat in the middle of the room and everyone in the room goes around and says one word about the person in the middle. Grant writes down everyone’s words and then e-mails them to us later. It’s a really neat experience and I’ve been through it twice at health and fitness week.

When the ceremony was over I sat in the hot tub for about at hour until dinner.

DINNER: Doug made dinner tonight! I decided I would eat what everyone else was eating instead of sticking to my simple meals. Dinner was Oj/mango smoothie (very thick and rich!), salad sandwich made with slightly dehydrated cucumber slices as the bun and a casserole warmed from the dehydrator. It was so yummy and all the food settled really well.

During dinner we all shared memorable moments we had during the fasting and feasting part of the event. Mine were jumping off the rock, monitoring the fasters and getting to know them and overcoming my headaches.

After dinner we had an intern meeting to plan what we were going to do for the party the next day. Once the meeting was over I went and soaked in the hot tub again, read for a while and went to bed.

Day 35

Woke up at 6:30a.m. I read for a while and then soaked in the hot tub. I came upstairs and checked my e-mail.

BREAKFAST: watermelon and papaya

I did breakfast clean up and sat in the sun on the steps doing my eye exercises. The day was going to be a very busy one, nothing but food prep until the dinner party. I got my 10 minutes of sun before heading into the kitchen.

I worked in the kitchen until lunch. Everyone wanted some music so I hooked my computer up to the speaker system and we listened to music, we were dancing and singing while preparing food. While cutting some tomatoes I sliced into one my fingers. It was pretty deep. I quickly rinsed and bandaged it really tight to stop the bleeding and went right back to work. When it was time for lunch we had an hour break to eat and relax before hitting the kitchen again.

LUNCH: bananas and celery

We all had lunch by the pool since the dining room and great room were busy being decorated by the ambiance crew. It had been a while sine I at just bananas without being blended. I don’t really like to eat bananas, but I was super hungry and managed to get 7 down along with a bunch of celery.

When lunch was over it was back to work in the kitchen. We worked until 5:30p.m. We were getting ready to start dinner when Danielle came running into the kitchen and told us that Doug and Grant weren’t back yet from their run to Mount Chirripo (the highest peak in Costa Rica). They had left at 6a.m. and said if they weren’t back by 3p.m. to come looking for them. It was well past 3 and it was starting to get dark. Kevin said he would run that way and see if he could find them. He came back in a half hour and said they were fine and were about a mile away.

Doug and Grant showed up and there were hugs all around. At 6:30p.m. dinner finally got started. My legs and feet ached from standing all day. I was assigned to be a server but I really just wanted to go to bed.

DINNER: Dinner lasted forever it seemed like. I was too tired to eat and just drank a bunch of OJ blended with mango.

Dinner was served in the great room where the ambiance crew had completely reformed the room to look like we were in China. They did a good job.

In the middle of dinner we watched a slide show showing all our before and after pictures. That was a lot of fun.

Dinner was almost over and it was 9p.m. I asked Clarissa if I could head to bed and she said it was no problem.

I soaked in the hot tub for 5 minutes and crawled into bed. My body was so tired, I instantly fell asleep.

Published byCrazybananalady

I am a transformational coach. I help people find the truth inside of themselves to live a peaceful and content life.


  • Kevin

    February 7, 2012 at 2:08 am Reply

    Wow, very cool and all that fruit looks amazing!

    • Vibrant Victoria

      February 7, 2012 at 2:45 am Reply

      I know Kevin! It’s so much fruit. Yummmmm

  • Joe Cord Ero

    February 8, 2012 at 6:02 pm Reply

    Why always bananas and celery?

    • Vibrant Victoria

      February 8, 2012 at 6:04 pm Reply

      lol…well sometimes it’s banana’s and lettuce. Basically it is bananas and some sore of green vegetable. I love it! Lunch and breakfast are my favorite meals. At home I keep it very simple like that and that’s when I feel the best.

  • Jennelle LeMoine

    February 8, 2012 at 7:28 pm Reply

    Hey Victoria!! i just finished reading all of your blog days from costa rica, i enjoy hearing your experience through it, i hope so much one day to be able to afford to go myself to the retreat! much love <3

    • Vibrant Victoria

      February 8, 2012 at 7:33 pm Reply

      I highly recommend you going! Glad you are enjoying the blogs.

  • Shell

    February 9, 2012 at 6:59 am Reply

    Thank you again Victoria for your wonderful blog posts and the pics are spectacular!

  • yogaranka

    February 16, 2012 at 3:06 am Reply

    VV! I LOVE your blog! So much fun and feelings when reading them. Please keep them coming. The pictures are stunning as well. I have never been to a tropical place, but planning to go some day.

    Vibrant hugs,

  • Vibrant Victoria

    February 16, 2012 at 3:08 am Reply

    Thank you Aranka! I really appreciate your wonderful words. So happy to enjoy my blog.
    Definitely should visit the tropics someday!

Post a Comment