Days 32 and 33 in Costa Rica

Day 32

Woke up and checked my e-mail. I had extra time before breakfast prep and didn’t think I would have time later to write my blog so I got it done early.

BREAKFAST: watermelon and papaya

I did clean up and thought that another day of avoiding the sun would be a good idea. Kevin was conducting video interviews with all the interns and wanted to know how we felt about the intern program. When I did my interview Doug was in the room. I wanted to be honest though and so I said what I felt I needed to say. I just said that I felt it could have been a more loving teaching environment and not as harsh. Doug didn’t say anything to me afterward so I figured he wasn’t offended…oh well if he was. I don’t think it’s the first time he’s heard it.

After the interview one of fasters asked to talk to me. She was having so many emotions coming up since she broke her fast and didn’t know how to deal with them. We had a good talk and she felt much better. I assured her that it was just her body getting those hidden emotions out and that it wouldn’t last, she was strong and could make it through.

I spent some more time on my computer organizing my pictures. I’m really excited to get them all in order and easy to find.

Before lunch I went on a walk up and down the hill 4 times with some of the interns and fasters. It was a fun work out. I enjoy exercising with other people and I knew I needed to get some in since I hadn’t been doing my morning walks.

LUNCH: blended bananas, bananas and celery

After lunch I worked on organizing my pictures some more. I had spent a lot of time on the computer and started to get a slight headache. I quickly shut my computer and put on the pinhole glasses. I wasn’t about to go back to headache land!

At 2:30p.m. I started doing dinner prep with Stephanie since it was her night to prepare dinner. It was a fun group in the kitchen and we all had a great time preparing food.

DINNER: fresh squeezed OJ blended with mango.

I was really tired during dinner. I couldn’t stay sitting down or I felt like I would fall asleep. I got up and went around the table giving everyone shoulder rubs. It was fun to do and kept me awake, plus it’s a great way to make friends…lol.

After dinner I went and sat in the hot tub for a few minutes, getting nice and toasty warm. Then I crawled into my sleeping bag, read for a little while I went to sleep around 8p.m.


Day 33

I woke up at 5a.m. I slept fantastic! I felt so rested and peaceful. It is so nice in the mornings. Sine there was plenty of time before breakfast prep I figured I could either read or do my morning walk. I decided I wanted to relax and read. I warmed up the hot tub while I was reading and when I got in it was perfect. After watching the sun coming over the mountain at 7a.m. I started breakfast prep. This is my last day of doing breakfast prep and clean up only. My headaches are gone so I put myself back on the regular work rotation schedule with the other interns.

BREAKFAST: watermelon and papaya

After clean up I sat on the steps and soaked up some sun. I was ready to get back in the sun again. It was so nice feeling the sun on my skin. I love the warm happy feeling I get from it’s heat.

When I got my fill of sun energy I came inside and wrote my blog and worked more on my pictures. Then I went and moved all my stuff down by the pool. I decided that was my permanent home from now on. While I was down there I could hear people talking down by the river. I went down to check out what was happening. Everyone was working out at the rock gym. I was looking at the river thinking that it looked pretty appealing. A few days ago I had seen Danielle jump off a rock into the water. I thought I would try that out. Even though I am very afraid of heights I always try to work through my fear and keep hoping that I will overcome that feeling. I climbed up onto the rock and looked over the edge. There is a rock in the water that I had to be able to jump past. I wasn’t sure I could make it that far. I asked Danielle how to do it and she told me but I decided that it was too risky. I climbed back down off the rock.

Danielle told me that she would show me how to do it. She climbed right up there and jumped off missing the rock below by quite a bit. Now that I had seen how to do it I was sure I could make it and survive. I climbed back up on the rock. Looked over the edge and jumped. I was sure this was going to be the end of the life. I landed in the water and when I came back up to the surface I started yelling, “I’m still alive”. Everyone on shore was cheering. I thought that was so much fun that I climbed back up and jumped again. Woo hoo!! I figured twice was enough and soaked in the hot tub until time for lunch.

LUNCH: blended bananas, bananas and celery

After lunch I did clean up and then listened as Vicki told her story. Another wonderful story of going from sickness to health, I love hearing those stories. J During the lecture I went to work on my pictures some more. I couldn’t get them to load and realized that earlier I had made a copy of my original folder. Later I had deleted what I thought was a copy of the original folder when actually it was the official original folder. Bad news was that I had already emptied my trash L Ahhhh!!! I tried a few websites to retrieve my trash, but nothing worked or they wanted money. I have all the pictures at home on SD cards. I decided to just let it go and start over with organizing my pictures when I got home.

DINNER: fresh squeezed OJ blended with mango, tomato, celery, and mango soup.

After dinner the interns had a meeting to talk about the party we were going to throw on Friday. I was really really tired and some of the other interns were goofing around. It was making me made that we weren’t getting through the meeting quickly. I really just wanted to go to bed. I was very cranky with everyone but apologized and said I was just tired. The meeting ended and I went straight to the pool. Got in the hot tub briefly to get toasty warm, crawled into my sleeping bag and went right to sleep.

Published byCrazybananalady

I am a transformational coach. I help people find the truth inside of themselves to live a peaceful and content life.


  • Jean

    February 6, 2012 at 9:43 pm Reply

    Hi Victoria,

    I’ve been enjoying your blogs. My question is, for supper, are you juicing the oranges then putting them in the blender with mango? Or are you juicing your mangos also? And if you are, how?

    I feel for you with all those headaches, but I’m glad they are almost over, or less frequent.

    You sound like you are having some fun now. Keep up the good work. I can’t wait for next blog 🙂

    • Vibrant Victoria

      February 6, 2012 at 10:59 pm Reply

      I am juicing the oranges and blending the mango cheeks. Not juicing the mango’s.
      Thank you for your encouraging words Jean and I am so glad you are enjoying the blog.

  • spa world joe schwartz

    December 21, 2015 at 3:35 pm Reply

    Thanks for finally writing about >Days 32 and 33 in Costa Rica <Liked it!

Post a Comment