Day nineteen

After my last post I ended up eating about 4 slices of raw goat cheese. I didn’t feel any different at first and then a half hour later I broke out into a sweat, my forehead started tingling, my thoughts became foggy and all of a sudden the heat really started to bother me. I drank a bunch of water but that didn’t seem to make me feel any better.
I went to bed at around 10 and had horrible dreams about a man killing his wife and baby. It was awful.
Woke up at 4 in a sweat and my mind was really foggy still. I drank a bunch more water and went back to sleep from 6 til 8.
When I woke up the second time I felt much better. I had 2 large melons for breakfast. I had set up a ride for church since it was at a park clear on the other side of Meridian, I knew it was too far for Savana to ride. Church was a lot of fun, we had service in the park and then had a potluck and a softball game afterward.
I didn’t bring enough fruit with me and was hoping there would be enough at the potluck. I had brought half a watermelon to share. Well there wasn’t enough fruit, if I would have eaten enough there wouldn’t have been any left for anyone else. So I ate as much as I could without hogging it all. I knew I was in a really bad place and wasn’t sure what to do. I knew I needed more calories if I wanted to play softball. I was eyeballing the chips and salsa. Instead I decided on some plain brown rice with a little salsa on top. I ate just a little to hold me over. It tasted so good that I ate more and more and more…I knew I was losing it! Finally I just threw my plate away and walked off to get myself together and breathe. My stomach was so full it was hard to walk and once again the heat started to bother me. My left ear started aching as well.
Thankfully the softball game started and I could focus on something else. I felt much better after playing softball. I had a hard time staying hydrated after all the salt that was in the salsa and my stomach was so full and bloated, but I did ok and softball was a blast.
After getting home I worked in my garden for a few hours and watched a movie on my laptop. I ate 1 lb. of dates during the movie and didn’t eat anything else the rest of the day.
Went to bed around 10.

Published byCrazybananalady

I am a transformational coach. I help people find the truth inside of themselves to live a peaceful and content life.


  • RawVeganMichele

    July 19, 2010 at 4:28 pm Reply

    I love the sunflowers. I have some growing wild in my backyard too. And I love the picture on your blog! Beautiful.

    It's all such a learning process isn't it? Hang in there. It was just one little slip up out of a great run. Get right back in the saddle and keep going. 🙂

  • Missy

    July 20, 2010 at 5:59 am Reply

    Be gentle with yourself. "The perfect is the enemy of the good." Come visit me next time. 🙂

  • Victoria Everett

    July 21, 2010 at 5:22 pm Reply

    Where are you at now Missy? I would love to come visit you.

    Thanks for your encouragement Michele. I am feeling much stronger today. 🙂

  • Missy

    August 6, 2010 at 11:01 pm Reply

    I am still in Tucson, just living on the west side of town now.

Post a Comment