Day 28 and 29 in Costa Rica

Day 28

Woke up at 4:30a.m.

I didn’t feel like getting up right away. So I stayed in bed and read for a couple of hours. At 6:30a.m. I officially got up. I hurried and got dressed and walked to loop. It takes me about 45 minutes. I wore my pinhole glasses the whole time. I loved how much I could see!  I got back and started working on breakfast prep

BREAKFAST: watermelon and papaya

After breakfast I did clean up. My faster had broken his fast and no longer needed to be monitored. I decided to see how things would go if I got on my computer. I got on and was able to finish all my homework which took me about 2 hours. I was really glad to have gotten it all done and be headache free. So exciting!

I was going to celebrate by going swimming but the clouds came in and it got a little bit chilly outside. So instead I went down and lifted rocks with Doug and Grant. Then I sat in the hot tub for a half hour. The water was perfect I was by myself just zoning out. My spirit was totally content and happy.

LUNCH: blended bananas, bananas and celery

At lunch everyone presented their multiple choice questions. My question was what is one of the main ingredients in vaccines. The answer was formaldehyde.

When lunch was over Daniele sang and then our group did our presentation. It was so wonderful seeing things with the pinhole glasses. I could see the spider webs strung across the plants in the background. The sun was shining on them and they looked so beautiful. I fell asleep during Doug’s lecture for about a half hour. It was a nice little nap.

When the lecture was over I ran/walked up the driveway, which is very steep. Then I checked my e-mail.

DINNER: fresh squeezed OJ blended with mango and sliced tomatoes.

The dinner meeting was about beans and why we can’t digest them.

After dinner I checked my e-mail again. It is so nice being able to get on my computer now whenever I want to without getting a headache.

I went to bed around 8p.m.


Day 29

I woke up at 5a.m., checked my e-mail and walked the loop. Got back in time to do breakfast prep.

BREAKFAST: watermelon and papaya

At breakfast I did my presentation on all the homework I was able to finish. It was on tannins, oxalic acid and trypsin inhibitors. I learned a lot about them and how they affect our bodies.

After breakfast I did clean up. Then I sunbathed on the steps for a half hour. I got up, checked e-mail. Then spend the next 2 hours doing final exams on the computer. I failed all of them but one. LOL. I decided I needed a break and soaked for a half hour in the hot tub.

LUNCH: blended bananas, bananas and romaine lettuce

My lunch multiple-choice question was about what the prefix ur stands for. The answer was original.

When lunch was over one of the fasters told his story. It was an amazing story and brought me to tears a couple of times.

I had to leave before the lecture to do a phone consult. The consult went great! It was Saturday so I took the time to call my kids. I talked to my 16 year old Scott for a while and then my daughter Savana for a while. They are both doing really good. My daughter wants me to come home L. I couldn’t get a hold of my oldest son Shawn, but figured I would try again tomorrow. I also called my mom and talked to her. She is doing good as well.

DINNER: fresh squeezed OJ blended with mango. They were having spaghetti and I decided I wanted some. I hadn’t been eating the dinners that everyone else has been eating because my digestive system seems happier on the simple meals. I ate the spaghetti tonight though. It was zucchini noodles, with a tomato, mango, and celery sauce. It was delicious! I did start to get a small stomachache though.

Tonight was our last night of class. I was so happy about that. First thing Doug started class with a long, sincere apology for being rude the night before. I was really glad he had done that. I realize that he is human too and has bad days, but am apology was the right thing to do.

For our last class we had the option of lying down in the great room and listening to an audio health debate that lasted 2 hours or doing our own live debate. We all voted and the audio won. I was really glad. I just wanted to lie down and do nothing.

When dinner was over we all snuggled up in a big cuddle puddle. The debate was very entertaining and funny. We were all laughing about some of the ridiculous things people say are healthy. I fell asleep through about an hour of it, but woke up in time to hear Doug’s talk. He was pretty amazing in the debate and made the most sense.

When the debate was over we all went to bed. It was 10p.m. and I was all wound up. I couldn’t go to sleep so I read. I kept turning out the light and trying to go to sleep, but my mind was too active. Finally I fell asleep at about 1a.m.