Day 11 in Costa Rica

Today was such a fun day.

I woke up at 6 a.m. and felt amazing. I had a crazy dream that I couldn’t find any fruit and so I was eating french fries. When I woke I was so relieved that it was just a dream.

I felt well rested and happy, so I decided to go on a walk. I went up the road a ways and I had brought my Spanish/English dictionary with me. Any signs I came across I looked up all the words to interpret them. It was a very enjoyable walk and lovely watching the sun come up over the mountains.

When I came back a local lady named Sicilia was sweeping the driveway. She is the mother of the lady that owns the resort we are staying at. Every morning she is out taking care of the property and I always say hello to her. Today I stopped and talked to her for a while, practicing my Spanish. I learned that she has 3 daughters Oreana (the owner), Sarai (who helps us out with dinner prep every night) and I can’t remember the name of the third one. It was great talking to her, she is always smiling and cheerful.

BREAKFAST; watermelon

Breakfast conversation, was going over the lecture the day before. Jerome then did a presentation on Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids. The RDI recommendation is 4 to 1 or 5 to 1 with omega 6 the higher number. Ideal is a one to one ratio and that is easily reached eating fresh fruits and vegetables. I liked how he pointed out that people usually try to add more omega 3’s to their diet to get a better balance, resulting in just eating more fat, when the ideal is to take away more of the omega 6’s.

After breakfast I monitored my fasters. They are doing great.

I jumped rope and made it to 83 in a row and had to stop. It was all I could do today. Then Jerome, Stephanie and I did our eye exercises. I have been 8 days without my glasses. I don’t notice a difference in my eye sight yet, but I’m sure it will come.

Then I worked in the banana bodega with Drew organizing and sorting the massive amounts of banana’s.

I was on lunch prep with Jerome. Jerome, Drew and I were peeling banana’s and we all starting singing Queen songs. We had a blast in the kitchen together and we got all of lunch prepped early, so when Clarissa showed up she was very happy and surprised.

LUNCH; blended banana’s, banana’s and romaine lettuce

Lunch conversation was a review of how our fasters are doing. Then Stephanie did a presentation on the Endocrine system. She wasn’t able to finish due to running out of time….to be continued tomorrow.

The video after lunch covered the three pioneers of natural hygiene=Isaac Jennings, Sylvester Graham and Russell Trall

Then Doug went over 3 case histories of people that have fasted under his supervision.

I was on dinner prep so I didn’t hear any more of the lecture and went into the kitchen. I was send to juice oranges with Sarai (a local woman and Sicilia’s daughter). I was very happy about this opportunity to work on my Spanish some more. So what I found out about Sarai during our conversation was that she is 44 years old. She has 4 children, two boys and two girls. Sarai also has 2 grandchildren, a girl and a boy, from her oldest son. One of her daughters named Jackie works here cleaning the rooms and I have met her. Also, her birthday is in May but I can’t remember the day. I really enjoyed our conversation.

After the oranges were juiced I cut up some mango to put in the juice. Then Drew and I made papaya caterpillars for decoration on everyone’s plates. It was a complicated process and took a lot of time, but we got it done. Last thing I did was blended up papaya.

DINNER: orange juice blended with mango and blended papaya on the side to add in, minestrone soup (I don’t know what was in it, but it was really good),  romaine lettuce leaves, sliced tomato’s and cucumber noodles.

Dinner conversation was a review of Doug’s book 80/10/10. It was light and fun. Tomorrow night our assignment is to pick a subject to do a seminar on and set up how the seminar would run. I think it will be lots of fun. I already know what I am going to do my topic on, but it’s a surprise 🙂

After dinner a few of us sat in the great room and had a lot of fun together talking, while working on our assignments on our computers. There was a lot of fun and laughter going on. We are such a healthy happy little family here in Costa Rica.