Day 1 and 2 of the Woodstock Fruit Festival.

August 20, 2012

I woke up at 6:30a.m. I was really tired but I knew I needed to get up and start getting ready to go to the fruit festival. We had to be at the bus stop at 10a.m.

I stripped the sheets off the bed and all the towels around the house. Went down to the laundry in the basement and started a load. Then I went across the street to the grocery store and bought a bag of cat litter.

Back at the apartment I filled up the litter box. My mom called and told me that my step grandma was dying and had less than 24 hours to live. I was pretty sad about that, but there was no way I could get back home.

I finished packing and started to write my blog. I had to write two days worth and I totally lost track of time. At 8:30a.m. I realized what time it was. We had to be out and on the subway pretty much at that moment. I woke the kids up and told them to finish packing.

In the kitchen I was frantically cutting up a watermelon and getting it all bagged up. Then I made two 7 banana/6 peach smoothies and bottled those up.


I couldn’t fit all of the smoothie in the container so I drank about 160z. of it to finish it off. I washed up the dishes, vacuumed the apartment real quick. I wanted to leave things looking nice to say thanks for letting us stay there.

We got out of the apartment at 9:10a.m. We needed to be at the bus stop fifteen minutes early at 9:45a.m.

I was trying to stay calm as we walked to the subway bogged down with all of our luggage. We got on the subway without a problem and arrived at the closest stop to the bus at 9:40a.m. We had to walk five blocks. These blocks were huge and I was in full panic mode by now. My muscles were throbbing with all the weight and I was pushing myself to go as fast as I could. The kids were in tow behind me struggling as well.

We got to the bus stop at 9:59a.m.

I was sure they had already shut the doors. There was a big line behind the Albany sign. I asked if this was the 10:00 bus line. I lady said yes. I let out a big breath and said, “thank god we didn’t miss it”. She laughed at that. I was so relieved. About 5 minutes later they loaded the bus and we were on. Woo hoo!!!!

On the bus I called my grandpa and he was having a hard time. I then called my 16 year old son Scott and told him what was going on with his great step grandma. We talked for a while and since he wasn’t able to come on this trip we planned another trip to NY with just the two of us when he is 18. After that I called TS and we talked for a while.


When done with all my phone calls I ate a bunch of watermelon and slept for a small bit.

At Albany we were dropped off in the middle of a parking lot by the train station. There wasn’t much around except a library across the street.

We walked over to the library and hung out for a while, since we had 2 hours until we caught the bus to the fruit festival.

The kids were getting hungry and we still had an hour before the bus came. I didn’t see anywhere to get the kids some food and didn’t want to walk too far with our luggage in tow. I asked the librarian where the nearest place to eat was and she said inside the train station there was a deli.


The kids and I walked to the deli. They got stuff from the deli and I drank a bunch of my banana peach smoothie.

I was started to get worried about the bus. In my e-mail I was given the bus drivers number. I tried to call but no one answered. I wasn’t sure where it was going to be and didn’t see any other people around that might be headed to the fruit festival.

I was so tired and I was sick of hauling our luggage everywhere.

We walked back down to where the first bus had dropped us off, but there was no one around. I started crying and saying I didn’t know what to do. I was so tired of traveling and not knowing what was going on. Shawn told me to knock it off and said if we stood by the road the bus would have to go by us.

I calmed down and a bus pulled up just as we were walking back to the station. I went up to the door and asked the driver if she was going to the fruit festival. She asked if I was Victoria. I was sure glad to hear that. We got on and I called TS and told him everything was just fine. When I was in the middle of my conversation the bus driver walked back to me and started yelling at me and told me that her number shouldn’t have been given out and that I needed to lose that number.

I hung up the phone and walked over to her and calmly told her that I didn’t want to be yelled at and that I had no intention of calling her again. She huffed back to the front of the bus and continued eating her McDonald’s hamburger….hmmm. I called TS back crying and upset about all the stress I had been going through all day. I’m used to having a very low stress lifestyle. He was very calming and helped me get my head back on straight.

I was real happy when we took off and were on the road. We picked up a bunch more people at the airport and I spent the rest of the trip talking and getting to know some of the other bus riders going to the fruit festival.


On the bus ride I finished the rest of my banana peach smoothie.

When we arrived it was cold and pouring rain. We stood in line to sign in and I kept seeing all the friends that I had met at other fruity events. There was lots of screeching and hugging. We were all so excited to see each other.

We finally got registered and the kids and I headed off to find a cabin. After much searching we found one.

We went to the dining room, ate some food. I saw and talked to more of my friends there. It was so wonderful to see everyone looking fabulous! I had so many people come up to me and tell me they saw me on-line and loved my blog. That made me feel so blessed and happy. I love being able to enrich people’s lives. While in the dining room there was a really big guy there that I wanted to meet and find out his story. I introduced myself to him and his name is Richard. He was saying how me was so overweight and unhealthy for years that he wanted to die everyday. He is now vegan, feeling better than ever and dropping weight like crazy. I can’t wait to see him in a year or two!

When we were done eating, the kids and I went to the opening ceremony. By that time I was pretty much a walking zombie. I was so exhausted. I was excited too and instead of going to bed after the ceremony I had to stay up a little longer and socialize.

Finally we got back and to bed around 11p.m. It was cold and I only had one blanket. I asked Savana to come snuggle with me but she refused L I was tired enough that I fell asleep right away.


August 21, 2012

I woke up at 6a.m. and I was so cold. I had been curled in a ball most of the night trying to get warm. I couldn’t take it anymore and I knew where I could find warmth. I went down to my friend Danielle’s cabin and crawled in bed with her. She had three blankets on her bunk and was very warm. We snuggled and fell asleep for a while. I had missed my Danielle. An hour later the cabin was getting lively. A lot of my friends that I had made at the retreat in Costa Rica were all staying in the cabin. We all talked and goofed around for a while.

I had to leave to go to work. I am working with the kids while here every morning from 8:45a.m. until 1:30p.m. I am not really a little kid person anymore…those days are over for me, but that is where they put me and of course I will do a good job at it.


At the dining hall I ate half a watermelon and talked to more people. I had brought a bunch of t-shirts I had made up and I was showing them and sold most of what I had brought.

At 8:45a.m. I went to the kids station and spent the next 4 ½ hours cleaning up spilt water, paint and food. We spent some time outside and the kids played tag and ran around. Savana was there most of the time helping out as well.


While taking care of the kids I had eaten some more watermelon and a huge bowl of grapes.

When I was off work I put on my bathing suit and went down to the water to find my kids. They have some great water equipment. There is this “iceberg: that is a climbing wall. I climbed halfway up it and got too scared and bailed. Shawn was harassing me about that so I had to do it again to show him how touch I am…lol. I made it up and I lived through it! I swam with the kids for a while. Savana made a friend that is her age, which I was very pleased about. Shawn and I rode these standing kayaks around for a bit and that was fun.


After dinner I was super hungry. I wasn’t going to eat durian while I was here because I wanted to stay low fat to clear up yeast in my body from eating all those peanuts in NY. I grabbed a durian anyway and ate at right up. It was a really yummy one. Within 5 minutes I could feel the yeast acting up in my body. Arg. Oh well. I’ll skip the durian the rest of the time I’m here.

I went up to my cabin and there was an older couple walking around looking for a cabin that had extra beds. I told them there were plenty of beds in our place. So they moved in.

I went to the infirmary where there is internet and did a few things on-line. Then I went back to the cabin to take a nap. The older couple was in there napping as well. I slept for an hour and woke up feeling much more energized.


I got up and went to the dining hall. Shawn was there eating a salad. I sat with him and we talked for a while. I couple of other people sat by us and they talked with Shawn about eating fruit. I was really happy about that. He seemed really open to listening to what everyone was saying.

When we were done talking I wrote my blog and called TS. There was a dance party going on up above my cabin. I knew it would be loud so I wasn’t in a hurry to get to bed. I finished up and got to bed at around 11p.m. I had grabbed a few more sheets to keep me warm and I was nice and cozy all night.

Published byCrazybananalady

I am a transformational coach. I help people find the truth inside of themselves to live a peaceful and content life.


  • Carolina John

    August 23, 2012 at 2:16 pm Reply

    So sorry about your grandma, that’s never a pleasant situation. But the festival sounds like a blast! Can’t wait to hear how the rest of it went.

    • Vibrant Victoria

      August 23, 2012 at 7:17 pm Reply

      Thanks Carolina!

Post a Comment