Days 23 and 24 in Costa Rica

Day 23

I slept much better last night. I only had to get up 3 times in the night.

I woke up at 5a.m. checked my e-mail and walked “the loop”. Which I believe is a couple of miles. I went a little ways and then was coming back when I saw Daniele heading towards me. She wanted me to go around with her, so I was happy to do that. It was a great walk with Daniele. We talked about all sorts of things. The last little bit of the walk is up an extremely long and steep hill. I didn’t think I was going to be able to make it all the way up. I was glad I had Daniele there. I held her hand for support and very slowly we made it all the way back to the retreat.

BREAKFAST: watermelon and papaya

After breakfast I got on my computer and instantly got a headache. I went to my room and lied down to try to see if that would help my head.

I felt a tiny bit better and went to monitor my faster.

When monitoring was over I went down to the river and lied in the sun nude for a while. I was heading back to the great room when I saw Doug and Grant lifting rocks. I decided to give it a try. I lifted a few light ones and got up to 44 lbs. before I felt my injured shoulder couldn’t take much more weight.

It was my day to help with lunch prep so I went to the kitchen and started peeling bananas.

LUNCH: blended bananas, bananas and celery

My headache seemed to be worse after lunch. I stayed and listened to Christie’s story and then went to my room to lie down again. I slept for about an hour. My headache was worse than ever when I woke up. I got up and went to dinner, but my stomach was too queasy to eat from having such a bad headache.

DINNER: nothing

The pain in my head was incredibly painful during dinner. I was sick of having headaches and felt so useless most of the time. About half way through dinner I went back to my room. I lied on my bed and cried and cried. I just wanted to stop having headaches! The two women fasting in the room next to me heard me crying and came over to my room. They sat with me, rubbed my back and did their best to comfort me. It was so wonderful, but I felt like they weren’t supposed to be helping me out…they were fasting after all. I told them how frustrated I was and useless I thought I was being. They suggested I talk to Doug and tell him how I was feeling. Though my head still hurt I was in a much better place emotionally after talking to them. They went back to their room and I decided I wanted to talk to all the other interns as well as Doug and Grant and share how I was feeling.

I went back to the dining room just as dinner was finishing up. I asked to talk to everyone and I shared how I was feeling like they were doing so much more work than me and that I wasn’t holding my weight. I talked about how frustrated I was with the headaches and was thinking of not trying to heal my eyes anymore and putting my glasses back on. I shared how if I would have known what would happen by going without my glasses I would have never done it in the first place. I asked them to give their input on how they felt about me putting my glasses back on.

They all said they wanted me to keep my glasses off and that they were fine with giving me time to get better and they all understood. It was good to have shared and gotten everyone’s feedback.

Back in my room my roommate Stephanie told me how she had put her contacts back in because she couldn’t take it anymore, but even then she had headaches for a few days while her eyes got used to having contacts again. So basically now that I’ve started this journey with healing my eyes, I would be getting headaches whether I put my glasses back on or not. I guess I’m just going to tough it out and hopefully I will be able to be glasses free the rest of my life and be able to see clearly at a distance.


Day 24

I got 8 hours of sleep last night! Yay! I needed it. I woke up at 5a.m. Checked my e-mail and headed out to walk the loop. I went the opposite way so I wouldn’t have to climb up the steep hill at the end, even though the other way is a lot of shorter hill climbs. I would rather do more short climbs than a long one at the end. I walked for a ways and I wasn’t sure where my turn off was. I passed some horses that I didn’t remember seeing before. Then I passed I fence I didn’t recognize. When I got to a church I knew I had missed my turn. I figured it was no big deal I would just go back the way I came and tackle the long steep hill if I had to. Heading back I saw a turn off and I was pretty sure it was the one I had missed. I took it and when I came to the first house, I recognized it and knew I was back on the right path. I made it back in time to do breakfast prep.

BREAKFAST: watermelon and papaya

During breakfast meeting we went over some of the laws of nature that we had already learned as a refresher.

After breakfast I did clean up and went to monitor my faster.

Once that was done I did eye exercises with Jerome and Stephanie. Jerome still had his glasses off too, but he wasn’t still getting headaches. I can’t wait until mine stop.

I went down by the pool and lied nude in the sun for a while until it was time for lunch prep.

LUNCH; blended bananas, bananas and celery

After lunch I got on my computer and had an instant headache again. I went to my room and lied down. I couldn’t sleep so I read for while. I was afraid that reading would make my headache worse but it actually did the opposite. My headache felt much better. I was thinking that it was because my eyes are used to reading with my glasses off, so my mind was thinking that things were back to normal.

I had a phone consultation to do and I was so glad that my headache had cleared up in order for me to do that. The consultation went really good and my head felt good as well.

Once that was done I got back on my computer and boom…instant headache. ARG!!

DINNER: OJ blended with mango and cut up tomatoes

I brought a book with me to dinner to see if I could get rid of my headache again. It did help make it less painful.

The dinner discussion was about vaccinations. I really enjoyed the discussion and learned a lot about how vaccines are made and why they are causing autism.

I had turned on the hot tub earlier. So once dinner was over I started walking down to the pool. I could smell skunk and was worried about running into one, so I sang and made lots of noise on the way. Thankfully there were no skunk incidents and I enjoyed my time in the hot tub by myself.

By the time I got back to my room, my headache had cleared up. I decided to try to get on my computer again. This time I didn’t get a headache, which I was very very happy about. I wrote my blog and went to bed at around 9p.m.

Published byCrazybananalady

I am a transformational coach. I help people find the truth inside of themselves to live a peaceful and content life.


  • yogaranka

    January 27, 2012 at 12:56 am Reply

    Hey Victoria,

    I’m so happy that you are sticking it out with those pesky, annoying, debilitating, super duper frustrating headaches. You’ve got a great bunch of nice people there supporting you, but it is only up to you to finish this battle.

    Looking forward to more ‘ VicLogs’ ;-)))

    • Vibrant Victoria

      January 27, 2012 at 1:35 am Reply

      Thank you Aranka! It has been quite the challenge, but I will survive 🙂

  • Audry

    January 27, 2012 at 10:43 pm Reply

    I think its awesome that you are trying to heal your vision this way! It’s very inspiring.

    • Vibrant Victoria

      January 28, 2012 at 1:42 am Reply

      Thanks Audrey 🙂 It’s definitely been challenging but you will see when I get caught up on my blogs that things are working out well!

  • diba

    January 30, 2012 at 2:34 pm Reply

    everything needs a trial,and challenges are always there.despite the headaches,just persevere and at the end of the tunnel is the reward.healing.

    • Vibrant Victoria

      January 30, 2012 at 2:45 pm Reply

      thank you for the encouraging words Diba!

Post a Comment