Emotional detox

This morning I woke up at 7:30a.m. Felt really good. Got on-line which was a mistake. Instead of leaving the house at 8 like I wanted to do I ended up leaving the house at 9. I grabbed a big watermelon to eat for lunch.

My first job is really close. About a mile away. It was another cold and rainy day, very very rainy. I finished cleaning the house by 10:30. I was starting to get hungry since I hadn’t eaten breakfast. I had to be at my next job clear across town by 11 to stay on schedule. There was no way I was going to make it. I still had to stop at the fruit stand and get some food in me.

I hurried to the fruit stand. It seemed to be raining even harder. I had on my raincoat and my rainboots, but my pants from my knees to my lower shin were soaked. I wished I would have put on my rain pants as well. At the fruit stand I bought 7 peaches. I was thinking that I didn’t want to bike in the rain anymore. I had 3 minutes til the city bus came. I hurried and ate 3 of my peaches and loaded by bike on the bike rack. I was so glad to be on the warm dry bus 🙂

Once I got downtown on the bus I still had a mile to go to get to my job. I started biking and I could barely pedal. I thought that it was me at first, that I was just not up to par. Then I realized that there was a drag of some sort on my back tire. I got off and one of my bungee cords had somehow gotten hooked around my brake cable. I fixed that and I was back to my normal pedaling power.

I got to my client around 11:30 a.m. and ate the rest of my peaches. While cleaning I heard a song on my ipod that started  me thinking about some really sad things that had happened in my life 7 years ago. I was overcome with intense sorrow and started crying. I spend most of that job just cleaning and crying. It felt so good to cry, I didn’t want to stop, I just wanted to let the tears flow.

My job after that was scheduled to be at 12:30p.m. I called that client and said I was running behind. Her name is Wylla and she is 86 years old.  Wylla is one of my dearest friends. I got to her house every Wed. and Fri. We always eat lunch together and talk about anything and everything while I clean.  She was fine with me coming later, she knew I was out on my bike in the rain and was very understanding.

After that job, I made it to Wylla’s at a little after 1 p.m. We talked and I ate half of my watermelon. I told her about my sadness and we talked about the healing power of tears. We also talked about forgiveness and I realized that there is someone that I am still very angry at from during that time in my life. I decided I needed to work on forgiving her and letting go of that anger.

After we ate and talked, Wylla wanted me to drive her to the store, so we did that and by the time we got back there wasn’t any time for me to clean. So I took off and made it to the bus stop just as the bus was pulling up. Whew!

I bused back across town to my last job of the day.One the bus I realized that I needed to do my introduction for the day. There was a young guy sitting a few seats up from me, so I moved up and started a conversation with him. Just asked him how he was doing, what he did for a living, etc. Lucky for me he was a very friendly, talkative guy. His name is Shane, age 26 and he is going to BSU and majoring in English. He wants to be an English teacher. Besides being a student he helps his brother out with his carpet laying business to make some extra money, but mostly he is living off his student loans.

I got off the bus. I stopped at the grocery store and bought groceries for my next clients, I had made up the list the day before. Rode about 3/4 of a mile to their house, with the groceries. Maggie my client wasn’t feeling very good. I started to make dinner when she came in and told me that she was going to go to the ER and I didn’t have to make dinner. She her and her husband left. I wasn’t too worried about her because she didn’t seem in too bad of shape. I told her to call me if it was anything serious.

When they left. I made myself a big salad with a pound of lettuce and raw tahini, lemon dressing as well as bottled up 50oz. of fresh squeezed oj, blended with peaches and lettuce. The salad tasted great, but as soon as I was finished I felt my shoulders tighten up and my mind clouded over. I knew that my body was needing a break from overt fats for a while, but I had been ignoring it. I think with the emotional detox I had gone through earlier in the day, the fats from the tahini were interfering with my flow and my body instantly reacted.I know when my mind gets like that the voices could start coming. I was almost in a panic hoping that would not happen.

I folded the laundry and took off for play practice. The bike ride was horrible, my mind was whispering..the voices were there but very quite. I just pedaled as hard as I could, trying to get the fats to move through my system so my mind would clear up again. My body was aching and aching. I just wanted to go home and go to bed until I felt better. Luckily play practice was short. While I was there I drank my smoothies and ate about 6 dates. I felt quite a bit better after that and my mind cleared. Yay!

The ride home was freezing cold. I was jumping up and down at stop lights to try to stay warm. I guess it’s time to start getting my wool out.

It’s 10:30p.m. and time for bed 🙂



Published byCrazybananalady

I am a transformational coach. I help people find the truth inside of themselves to live a peaceful and content life.


  • Victoria Arnstein

    October 6, 2011 at 12:28 pm Reply

    OMG you do a lot in one day and so voices would be in my head too if that is what I did in one day’s time..The voices are not saying get rid of some fats, they are saying to slow the heck down..You are doing so much wow!!! I think that fats do cause some issues and that it is good to have them at the end end end of the day so that there is no food combining issues if you want to consume fruit post fat meal. I also think that you were having an emotional detox and that it was a good way for your body to cleanse. I do believe in the power of tears. I think the heavens open up and see our tears and we are watched over and somehow it all turns out ok.
    I believe in you Victoria!!! You are doing amazing things with your life and it is so inspiring to see. You are not alone. We are all watching your story! So stay on track and keep up the great work.
    ps also so nice of you to offer to not turn anyone down and offer a scholarship program for people in need who have less funds..You are all heart!
    Victoria Arnstein

    • Vibrant Victoria

      October 6, 2011 at 3:05 pm Reply

      I am way too freaking busy right now. I can’t wait until this play is done. This is the last full week of practice. Then is it just Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights til the end of the month. I have learned my lesson with community theater…it is way too time consuming.
      I am going overt fat free for a few days. It usually makes me feel better when I do that. I’ve got to stay on my toes with this crazy schedule.
      Thanks for your support Victoria. I think you are such an amazing person. I am so glad I got to know you 🙂

  • Madelene Meeder

    October 15, 2011 at 5:50 am Reply

    Hello there, You’ve done a fantastic job. I will certainly digg it and personally suggest to my friends. I’m confident they will be benefited from this web site.

Post a Comment